Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Proposal

On November 11th, 2008 Tim proposed to me! It was by far the happiest day of my life. We were up at Jessica & Tavis' new house having dinner with Amber & Nate and Jessica & Tavis (and of course the babies). We had just finished eating yummy tacos and we were all just visiting around the dinner table. Tim stood up and stepped a few feet away from the table. He asked me to come over to him. I still didn't know what was going on. Jessica and Amber continued chatting until Nate noticed Tim drop down on one knee. Nate said to the girls, "hey you guys might want to see this!"


Right at that moment I realized what was happening because I saw his hand behind his back. He opened up the ring box and told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES, actually my exact word was ABSOLUTELY. I started to cry immediately and covered my face. I reached down for the ring and realized he was suppose to place it on my hand for me. I handed the ring back to him and asked him to put it on my ring finger. We were both so nervous and jittery that he started to place it on my right hand and I had to hold out my left. It was all so surreal. I remember helping him to his feet because all I wanted to do was hug and kiss him. For a few moments we were lost in eachother, simply enjoying the most special time in both of our lives!




This picture was taken just after he asked...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

erin, i am SO excited to be a part of this special time in your life! from the late night text message the night he proposed to getting you into your dress on the day of, please keep me in the loop with all the plans! i can't wait!